PEACE AND SECURITY
Strategic Objective: Youths in the coastal regions are sensitized on early warning and early response to conflicts, insecurity, and violent extremism.
- Undertaking P/CVE awareness sessions with youths in each of the 6 counties of the coastal region.
- Mobilizing of youth groups in Counties to compose theatre and music edutainment in undertaking performances in addressing the P/CVE issue.
- Using popular radio stations in each County to disseminate information to youths on P/CVE.
- Capacity building youths and communities on strategies of building resilience in conflict-prone counties within the coastal region.
HEALTH, GENDER AND DISABILITY PROJECTS
To be a volunteer at Kwacha Afrika one must be:
- Kenyan Citizen
- Aged between 18 and 34 at the time of entry.
- Has a valid ID card.
- Be ready to work in a community set-up.
- Be ready to learn and embrace team work.
- Be ready to travel within the coastal region whenever need arise.
- Be able to appreciate inter-cultural & Multi-cultural values.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Many development actors have supported the organization’s activities since it started in 2000. These include the youth and the wider community in the Coast region, particularly in Kisauni, Mombasa where Kwacha Afrika is based.