To deliver on its priority areas, Kwacha Africa structures its work into the following programme areas:
To contribute to the improvement of awareness and appreciation of Health, Gender and Disability issues and build the capacity of youth in the community to demand, engage and enjoy their sexual and reproductive health rights.
Support youth and the wider community to develop their capacity in the issues of waste management and renewable energy and to ensure that their environmental rights are realized.
The focus for Kwacha programmes is to play a facilitative role in empowering the youth to design, implement and evaluate their own development. Programmatic support to grassroots processes that encourage practical methods of comprehensive community renewal and motivation towards participation is critical. Current programme areas are: Gender & Health, Governance, Environment, & Theatre.
To be a volunteer at Kwacha Afrika one must be:
- Kenyan Citizen
- Aged between 18 and 34 at the time of entry.
- Has a valid ID card.
- Be ready to work in a community set-up.
- Be ready to learn and embrace team work.
- Be ready to travel within the coastal region whenever need arise.
- Be able to appreciate inter-cultural & Multi-cultural values.