WORK WITH US
Assistant Project Officer
Kwacha Afrika is an organization that was founded by a group of young volunteers in the year 2000, who wanted to explore theatre as a tool of offering educative messages to the community on issues of Adolescence, Reproductive Health and the negative impact of HIV & AIDS. It uses Participatory Educational Theatre (PET) as a main approach to disseminate its messages. Kwacha Afrika is an indigenous coastal phrase which means ‘Arise Afrika.’ Over the years, Kwacha Afrika has grown from a purely theatre-oriented organization to become a leading youth, Non-Governmental organization, which works throughout the Coastal counties of Kenyan.
Currently Kwacha Afrika is implementing a project dubbed SICOPET ( Strengthening Inter-Cultural Cohesion through Participatory Educational Theater) under SCORE ( Strengthening Community Resilience against Extremism) program funded by USAID through ACT!Kenya in Malindi and Magarini Sub-County in Kilifi County. Kwacha Afrika is seeking an Assistant Project Officer to join its dynamic youthful team. The assistant project officer will be reporting to the Project Officer in-charge.
The candidate must possess:
- A diploma in Community Development.
- Must have experience in the sector of not less than 2 years
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahilli.
- Ability to write project report and submit as per deadline.
- Ability to mobilize community members and project stakeholder in minimal time.
- Must be skilled in Project planning and Implementation.
- Must possess the ability to engage youth during project implementation.
- Should poses knowledge on the state of security in Kilifi County.
- Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.